Here are the practice schedules:
- Spots for travelling tournaments are being determined, and parents will be contacted for permission before registration is finalized.
- Southern NSDA Congress Qualifiers are on November 8th and information about schedule + students attending will be posted next week.
- The MSHSL Section Debate Tournament for Congress is on December 1st and 2nd. The tournament is held concurrently with JV/Novice State, and we'll announce the 2 representatives from Edina in mid-November.
- Parents, please sign-up for judges on our Sign Up Genius. If we don't secure enough judges, we will drop students who have parents who haven't volunteered first.
- Spots are close to filling up for the Edina tournament on November 11, but if they do fill up and you are still interested in judging, email Joe Schmitt at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're interested in volunteering for the tournament, the sign-up is on the right side of the page
- Extemporaneous Speaking is listed on the practice schedule, but that is for only a few students, and not the beginning of practice of extemp for the whole team. That begins in mid-December.
- If you're interested in joining speech as a novice, Elizabeth Werness (our head speech coach) is hosting an informational session on November 9th at 6 PM in the EHS Community Room. Practice begins on November 13 and 16th from 6-8. If this conflicts with your debate schedule, email coach Tim.
- The mid-December and January practice schedule for select varsity LD and PF students will be released after Thanksgiving.