Below is the text of a handout being sent home with every debater this week:
Read this yourself and then pass on to a parent.
- Everything you need to know is posted on our website http://edinadebate.com and we have a public Twitter account @edinadebate that pushes out news and information.
- Debate All-Team Parent Meeting -- Wednesday, Sept 9th 6:30PM in EHS Fick Auditorium. Apparel will be available for purchase, plus the booster club asks that parents bring a checkbook. We will cover team expectations, the season calendar, competition attire, and volunteer opportunities.
- Novice scrimmage versus Eagan -- Saturday, Sept 19th (bus provided). All new debaters will participate plus we need experienced debaters to judge and mentor.
- Edina Invitational -- Saturday, November 14th. Our own tournament, the first hosted at EHS in 30+ years. Will need many parent volunteers to make this happen.
- Novice/JV State Championships -- Friday, December 4th and Saturday, December 5th. Every Novice and 2nd year debater should participate, senior debaters will be needed as judges, juniors and seniors will help with coaching.